RENTON, Wash. -- Former Dallas Cowboys Pro Bowl cornerback Trevon Diggs plans to sign a one-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Wednesday.
The move addresses one of Seattle's biggest question marks and offers Diggs a chance for a fresh start with the reigning Super Bowl champions after a tumultuous ending to his tenure in Dallas last season.
The Seahawks still plan to sign cornerback Terrion Arnold, but with no word on when he will be available to play amid his ongoing legal case, Diggs gives them more immediate help at the position. Noah Igbinoghene and Nehemiah Pritchett are vying to replace Riq Woolen as the No. 3 cornerback and rookie third-round pick Julian Neal has been unable to join that battle because he has missed much of training camp with an undisclosed injury.
"I'm looking to show that I'm still the best," Diggs said Wednesday. "I'm looking to show that I just want to win, be there for my teammates, be a great teammate and be a great player."
Diggs has several preexisting connections to Seattle. In Dallas, he played with Seahawks outside linebackers DeMarcus Lawrence and Dante Fowler Jr. and cornerback Igbinoghene. Defensive coordinator Aden Durde was on the Cowboys' coaching staff during part of Diggs' time in Dallas. He also played with cornerback Josh Jobe at Alabama, where defensive backs coach/defensive passing game coordinator Karl Scott was their position coach.
Mentioning Jobe and Lawrence by name, Diggs said his former teammates told him he'd be a great fit with the Seahawks.
Diggs visited the Detroit Lions earlier this month and tried out for the Seahawks on Tuesday.
"I was supposed to see a couple other teams, but I liked it here a lot," he said. "It feels like home. I've got a lot of familiar faces, Coach Scott, AD, so just being a part of those guys, those guys knowing me, knowing where my heart is, knowing how I want to compete, it felt right."
Diggs said he "most definitely" feels fully healthy.
"It's my first offseason that I've been able to not rehab and actually do offseason training," he said. "A lot of trainers have put the work in, helped me put the work in to get to where I'm at today. I'm truly thankful for that. It's a blessing from God, honestly, just to be able to come out here again."
A second-round pick in 2020, Diggs was named a first-team All-Pro and selected to the Pro Bowl in 2021 after setting a Cowboys record with 11 interceptions. He also made the Pro Bowl in 2022, then signed a five-year, $97 million contract extension before the 2023 season.
But he has appeared in only 22 games over the past three seasons while dealing with injuries to both knees. Diggs tore his left ACL in practice in 2023 and missed six games in 2024 due to an injury to the same knee that required a chondral graft. Last season, he missed eight games with a right knee injury and suffered a concussion during an accident at home, later saying it occurred while he was attempting to install a television mount.
According to ESPN's Todd Archer, the Cowboys took issue with Diggs' decision to rehab away from the team's facility in consecutive years. Dallas enforced a $500,000 base salary de-escalator in 2025 after he did not take part in 84% of the team's voluntary offseason program, choosing instead to rehab in South Florida.
Diggs is the brother of Washington Commanders Pro Bowl receiver Stefon Diggs.
Arnold, who is facing eight felony charges in Florida, agreed to a one-year, minimum-salary deal with Seattle last week. The NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo reported Tuesday that the NFL will place the cornerback on the commissioner's exempt list once he signs. Arnold is allowed to be in the team's facility and attend meetings while on the exempt list, but he can't practice or play in games.
































