New York has emerged as the frontrunner to stage Anthony Joshua vs. Tyson Fury as talks ramp up to finally agree the fight.
The heavyweights both penned a contract with Turki Alalshikh earlier this year to meet inside the ring, but a date and a venue remains missing before an announcement can be officially made. Fury teased that confirmation was "imminent" on Tuesday.
Here's everything you need to know about the location negotiations...
Is Joshua vs. Fury set for New York?
Joshua and his promoter Eddie Hearn favour staging the fight in the UK, in accordance with the contract they signed. Hearn has warned that taking Joshua vs. Fury to the U.S. cannot happen unless the original contract is renegotiated.
"We are in constant communication with Turki and [Saudi events conglomerate] SELA but as of yet there is no agreement to any variation within the contract," Hearn told ESPN on Tuesday night.
Fury's promoter Frank Warren previously told Box Nation: "Tyson Fury has his agreement, which states something different. The fight will happen.
"I've heard what Eddie has said. They're either going to agree to it or not. If they don't agree to it then the fight won't happen."
If an agreement is struck on Joshua's side, the much-anticipated fight would be set for New York's famous Madison Square Garden -- the scene of Joshua's stunning first career loss against Andy Ruiz Jr.
Zuffa Boxing founder Dana White was asked on Tuesday night to confirm that Joshua vs. Fury would take place at Madison Square Garden on Friday Nov. 20.
"We finally found out where the venue is," he responded.
"If that's what the word is, then that must be it!"
Matchroom CEO Frank Smith told Sky Sports: "There's obviously been suggestions and discussions about New York. AJ has fought there before. AJ has fought all around the world. We're following the terms of what we signed up to right now, which is a fight in the UK. That is what we signed up to and when the fight was announced in March, April time, the fight was signed, those were the terms we signed up for.
"They are the conversations really that are taking place right now. MSG is a proposed venue that they would like to look at, i.e The Ring Magazine, Saudi delegation, so let's see."
Could Joshua vs. Fury land on a Friday?
Boxing tradition is for fights to take place on a Saturday night but White didn't deny that Friday, Nov. 20 was being pencilled in to stage Joshua vs. Fury.
The logic is to avoid clashing with major American sporting events and maximise its exposure in the United States.
However, it is not yet known whether the main event will take place at a time convenient for UK boxing fans. 10 p.m. on a Friday night in New York is equivalent to 3 a.m. on Saturday morning in the UK -- David Cartlidge.
Is Wembley an option?
The prospect of 100,000 fans packing out the national stadium in Joshua and Fury's home country is alluring but difficult to arrange.
Alalshikh has previously said that Wembley was his preference but only if the fight began around 2 a.m. local time to cater for a worldwide TV audience.
"We want the time zone of all the world, especially in America," he said. "If they allowed us to have Wembley late in the night, we want to do it in England. It is about the time and viewership and the subscribers."
Wembley's weekend curfew is 11 p.m. so permission from Brent Council, and London mayor Sadiq Khan, would be required. Brent Council told ESPN that Wembley's safety advisor council must also approve.
White previously told Sky Sports about the location for Joshua vs. Fury: "At the end of the day, here's the truth, you're going to go where the money is."
White had previously taken credit for the TV broadcast deal for the fight with Netflix. Last year, Alalshikh's events company SELA partnered with TKO (the company that owns UFC, WWE and Zuffa Boxing) over a new boxing venture, fronted by White.
Fury and Joshua both won warm-up fights this summer to remain on a similar schedule. Fury easily defeated 46-year-old Mariusz Wach before Joshua recovered from two early knock-downs to beat the unheralded Kristian Prenga in his first fight after the tragic car crash which killed two of his friends in December.
