Aaron Donald to continue workouts with Rams as decision looms

play
Kimberley A. Martin 'all-in' on Rams to the Super Bowl if Aaron Donald returns (1:04)

LOS ANGELES -- Rams head coach Sean McVay said he anticipates more workouts from Aaron Donald before the defensive tackle decides whether to come out of retirement.

Donald worked out at the Rams' Woodland Hills facility Saturday, his second time working out for the team this training camp.

McVay said Donald has "earned the right" to take the time needed to make the decision but said he'd "love to be able to have all of this stuff kind of figured out."

"I know he's feeling good and he will continue to work out and I'm hopeful that we'll have some answers on that sooner than later for you guys," McVay said.

All training camp -- since McVay first acknowledged that Donald was going through a "very strict, regimented process" to determine whether he wanted to play for the Rams this season -- the head coach has been clear that this will take place on Donald's timeline.

When asked about Donald's decision last week, McVay said: "I don't want to say too much or put some sort of invisible deadline on something that doesn't exist in my mind for him."

Donald, who spent his entire 10-year career with the Rams before retiring in March 2024, first began to consider the option of returning to football after Los Angeles traded for reigning Defensive Player of the Year Myles Garrett in early June.