Seahawks place WR Bobo on season-ending IR, re-sign WR Hicks

play
Seahawks place WR Bobo on season-ending IR (0:50)

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Jake Bobo will miss the 2026 season after the team placed him on injured reserve Saturday.

Bobo was carted off the field during the Seahawks' joint practice against the Tennessee Titans on Friday. Afterward, coach Mike Macdonald said his knee injury appeared to be serious.

"Our heart goes out to Jake Bobo," Macdonald said Friday. "It seems like it's going to be a serious knee [injury]. We're going to get it imaged, but early returns are [that] it looks like it's a long-term injury. That's unfortunate."

Bobo, 28, was projected to serve as Seattle's No. 5 receiver and factor heavily on special teams. The Seahawks re-signed him to a two-year, $5.5 million contract in March, matching the offer he received from the Jacksonville Jaguars as a restricted free agent.

He has spent all three of his NFL seasons with the Seahawks, who signed him as an undrafted free agent out of UCLA in 2023.

In a corresponding roster move, the team re-signed wide receiver Julian Hicks, who was signed last week then waived to make room for cornerback Trevon Diggs.